Wednesday, December 14, 2011

training for a....(wait for it)................marathon.

Yep, I decided to train for a marathon.  well, not really.

i am actually going to start training for the reading of a 26.2 page book on "the idiots guide to running a marathon".

I am going to start reading 1 page a day for a week.  Then the second week I am going to move and read the first two pages.  I will read these two pages for one week.  The third week I will add the 3rd page.  I don't want to push myself too much, so i will take a day off somewhere in there.  I haven't done much serious reading in awhile, so I don't want to hurt my eyes or brain or anything.  Need to move on very carefully.  I will probably see a doctor and get a physical at this point, just to make sure I am not going to hurt myself.

Anyway, I will add a page a week for about 20 weeks.  At this point I will be close to understanding marathons.  Everything in me will want to quit reading about marathons, but I know this is just "the wall".  Must read through this!  Will be tempted to get "book on tape", but can't give in!  

Week 21 I will scale back a bit and reread the first 20 pages every day.  Then I will add the 21st page the following week.

Week 23 I will add the 22nd page every day that week.  Week 24 I will go hard and try to read pages 23 and 24 everyday.  This will be tough.  But Reading this Idiot's Guide for Marathons is a tough thing.  It's not for wimps.  Come hard or don't come at all!  You have to be committed or else!  

Week 25 I will take some time off and reflect on my training and think about the reasons for this madness.  

Then on week 26 I will be ready to complete my reading.  I hope to read all 26.2 pages in less than 4 days.  That would be a good time.

Then after this I will be ready for Boston!

No comments:

Post a Comment